Sunday, August 26, 2007

The First Day of School

WOW....How did my mom deal with this??? I sit here wondering if me putting both my 4 year old son as well as my 5 year old daughter in school at the same time was a good idea. They are so ready and excited and I feel like I'm loosing my babies! I can't believe my son is as excited as he is, but I guess this is better than having my daughter go and leave him home by himself considering they have been home together since they were born and have not been anywhere else without each other. They are very close although they argue at times. I am so overwhelmed with emotions it's not even funny!!

How do you deal with handing your children over to some strange "teacher" and expect them to take care of them the way YOU would? How do you relax enough to trust these people? My kids have done great at home. So much so that my daughter tested high enough to be in all honors classes in Kindergarten and my son is in a high level PreK 4 yr old class, but still do they HAVE to be in this "school" type environment where they are not in me or their father's eyesight at some point throughout the day. The teachers tell me that I'm not allowed in the building. Is that even fair???

I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to go for me, but I pray that it's good for the kids no matter what. They so want to go and are so excited about learning how to read more and making all these new friends. I really just hope that all is OK. Insha' Allah!!

I am only going through with this because the kids really seem to want to go to school. The first sign that I don't like this teacher or whatever they will come back home.

I am so nervous....scared. ... not sure if I'm doing the right thing.....I know they have to be educated, but where and what if I choose wrong and they have the most horrendous experience ever in their lives. I don't think I could live with myself. Also...I haven't been in school since college...do I even know how to help them with homework? Do I remember Geometry and stuff??? That's crazy ..they won't be doing that yet. They still have to learn to read and add/subtract. BUT when they get to Geomety, could I do it??

I have so many questions and really no answers till they get there and do it. I guess if me and their dad survived then they should be able to as well. I guess I need more prayer than they do .. LOL

Here's to the First Day of School.

No comments: