Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Top 24 - Top 12 Guys

Todrick Hall - He took on Kelly Clarkson and really didn't do it much justice. I wasn't impressed with his vocals at all, but he is definitely a performer.

Aaron Kelly - Eh...That's about all I can say right now.  The teenie boppers will keep him going for a while.

Jermaine Sellers - UGH!  That was way toooooo pitchy for me to even keep listening - FAST FORWARD!  Sorry dude!  Maybe Ne-Yo...but that was NOT it!  Is he a little sugary???  hmmmm??? 

Tim Urban - So this is the guy that got the Golikely or whatever his name was...the guy that got booted's place.   I see why he was turned away at first.  It was not good for me at all.

Joe Munoz - Surprising  I didn't expect the voice.  Song choice was a little boring, but OK vocally.

Tyler Grady - Eh...OK.  I expected much more from him.  I'm with Ellen....no Charisma.   I like his style but he's bordering arrogant so he may kill himself off if he doesn't get it together.

Lee Dewyze -  I like the tone and texture of his voice, but that was just an OK performance for me.   Nothing popped out.

John Park - It's funny to hear that name and then see this guy!  LOL  Sorry prolly shouldn't have said that, but oh well.  It started WAY too pitchy...got better to the end, but he may be going home!

Michael Lynche - Wat?  Maroon 5...never would have expected it.  I liked it!!  I like his stage presence and he seemed to have fun with it.  Not bad.  May get a vote from me.

Alex Lambert - Needs major work on his stage performance.  With that being said, he has a great voice.  Hopefully he'll get over the nerves or a chance to get over the nerves.

Casey James - OK, so I will definitely be making 2 votes tonight!  That was good and I like his voice as well!!

Andrew Garcia - Can we say 3 votes!  I totally enjoyed that performance as well!  That was hands down the best performance of the night for me! 

With that, I say the guys are coming out the gate much stronger than the girls although it took a while to get to that conclusion...thank goodness for Andrew, Casey and Michael.  Refreshing performances ...there is a lot of work to do ladies!!!

Now you got to remember I'm judging these folks usually with hubby in my ear singing along and he pretty much always out sings the person on TV....Andrew had him quiet and listening as well as Casey.....so I'm going to say they were the strongest of the night.

We could see a number of folks go home... my first guess would be John Park.   My second guess would be Jermaine Sellers.   I didn't care for either of their performances ... Todrick , Tim, and Alex may or may not get a second chance...we'll see.  

Results tomorrow night..........

No comments: