Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SYTYCD - Top 4 - Finale!!!

Tonight's guest judge is Mandy Moore. I LOVE the DVR!!! I'm pausing so I can type and when I'm ready, I'll go...hehe I know...I'm soooooo late!! Tonight everyone dances with everyone so let's get started. Plus we got mini interviews before their last solo!!

Twitch (Hip-Hop) & Courtney (Contemp): Hip-Hop - Tabitha & Napolean - Courtney I think could have cut it a little harder in some places, but overall, that was great performance! Twitch is always great in his element and Courtney has shown us before that she can pull off hip-hop. Courtney plays a great disgruntled girlfriend. She had the finger waving and everything. Great characters and great performance. (I really hope Twitch and Josh still do hip-hop)

Courtney Solo: Contemporary - She is from New York and she auditioned in Charleston. Sonya's jazz routine with Mark was her favorite. She has a boyfriend named Brett. You can really see the improvement in her solos, but I still see a lot of the same ole same ole. She's a great dancer and I think she earned every minute of her Top 4 experience and should enjoy it!! The judges talked about her growth and Nigel advised her to teach.

Joshua (Hip-Hop) & Katee (Contemp): Contemporary - Wade Robson - That was so sweet. I'm so amazed everytime I see Joshua dance! You would swear he's been taking ballet or something since he was like 5! He is definitely one of the most brilliant I've seen since this show started and partnered with Katee, well just amazing!!

Katee (Contemp) & Courtney (Contemp): Broadway - Tyce Diorio - I didn't really care for this routine. It was OK, but I thought Courtney pulled it off better, but Nigel gave props to Katee. I just thought it would have been a little bit more. There was just something missing for me.

Twitch Solo: Hip-Hop - He is from Montgomery Alabama, and he got his name because he couldn't be still. He was going to join the Navy if he didn't make it to the Top 20. He wanted to be partnered with Kherington. The Vienesse Waltz choreographed by Jean-Marc was his favorite because of the sentimental connection to Jean-Marc's handicapped daughter. Another terrific solo! Nigel tells him he loved it when he was bottom 3 because they got to see him dance solo. Mandy Moore calls him the little engine that could. Nigel also commented on his comedy in his routines. He's also one of the BEST! I want to see them bring him back to choreograph routines next year!! He's would be a GREAT addition to the show and hip-hop routines.

Joshua (Hip-Hop) & Twitch (Hip-Hop): Russian Something - Youri - Twitch and Joshua are simply hilarious to me!!! So tired of that scream!!! I was not sure what to expect when they said Russian! That was frikin' hot! The height on Joshua's jumps, WOW! Twitch and the floor work, WOW! Amazing dancers! Mary acknowledges that this is 2 hip-hop dancers in the finale! Awesome!

Katee Solo: Contemorary - They talked aobut her honest, but not honest answer about not coming back. They talked about her stoopid dances, which I think are cute! Her favorite dance was No Air because it was the first time on stage. I really didn't care for her solo. The judges advised they will miss her characters as she has been so many this season. I've seen better solos and I expected better so not impressed with her solo.

Twitch (Hip-Hop) & Katee (Contemp): Fox Trot - Tony Meredith & Melonie - Very romantic. Not one of my favorite type of dances as you all know, but it was pretty good. I liked the jazzy feel to the music which made it a little more entertaining for me. The lift was awesome!

Joshua Solo: Hip-Hop - Samba rotine was his favorite. He took classes here and there when he'd offer to help clean up or something, otherwise they didn't have money for classes. He ran track and played football and decided to go with dancing and entertainment route and coaches hated him. Cat called him out on the fact that he cries all the time. Everything is a blessing for him and he's just soaking it all in!! Very well deserved as he proves with that awesome solo. He danced right next to the judges for part of the routine.

Joshua (Hip-Hop) & Courtney (Contemp): Jive- Jason Gilkenson - Again, Jason is very good!! I like his choreography for a style I'm not very fond of at all!! I liked that routine and they executed it extremely well. Amazing dancers and they have proven they have every right to be in the Top 4.

All 4 dancers - Contemporary - Mia Michaels - I didn't really like the kilts, but they still danced great for the amount of routines these 4 guys had to perform tonight!! WOW, the tour is really going to be amazing and just think by that time they will have had time to master these routines even more than they have now!!

I cannot decide on a favorite so I'll just leave it at that and go vote a few times!!

The routines I liked are of course PURPLE.

If I didn't care one way or the other it just stayed TEAL.

I think I'm voting for Twitch and Joshua! I always like their solos and they are just such a breath of fresh air....it's always a contemporary dancer that wins and I would LOVE to see it be a hip-hop dancer!!

I'm hanging around here for a while.....maybe a potty break :) Are you voting??? Who are you voting for???

No comments: