Thursday, June 25, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 16 DFYL

So I was able to guess the Bottom 3 couples correctly if you include my "BUT" paragraph. The bottom 3 couples were:

Caitlin & Jason - Jean-Marc Paso Doble

Asuka & Vitolio - Mandy Moore Jazz

Karla & Jonathan - Dave Scott Hip-Hop



So I've decided unless Jeanine & Phillip really mess up they will just stay out of my bottom 3 predictions. Phillip is just mad popular and they will have to literally do horrible (like Jonathan level of horrible) to end up in Bottom 3.



So here is how I saw DFYL:



Asuka Kondoh – Latin Ballroom - 25

Week 2 - Louie VanAmstel Waltz

Week 1 -
Tyce Di'Orio Broadway

I think her style is really good, but I don't see that kind of enthusiasm in the choreographed routines and so I think she has ran her course for now. I really liked her, but then someone said to me that she looks like a 12 year old boy and now that's all I can see!! ROFL..



Vitolio Jeune – Contemporary - 26

Week 2 - Louie VanAmstel Waltz

Week 1 -
Tyce Di'Orio Broadway

I think his solo was rushed and didn't display any kind of control at all! He may have saved himself at the fact that he actually can dance and does have the potential. He did execute some of the moves very nicely, but still kinda on a desperate level.




Karla Garcia – Jazz and Contemporary - 23

Week 2 - Stacy Tookey Contemporary

Week 1 - Tony Meredith Cha-Cha

I liked her solo for the fact that it had a kinda African beat feel to it, but again, it was kinda rushed and showed little control till the standing leg split. It was OK and IMO ok enough to beat out Asuka!




Jonathan Platero – Salsa – 21

Week 2 - Stacy Tookey Contemporary

Week 1 - Tony Meredith Cha-Cha


He just gave Vitolio his next week. His solos are rather boring and really just show the same moves over and over as well as his acrobats. He too has run his course and I believe should be his time to leave.




Caitlin Kinney – Contemporary - 21

Week 2 - Shane Sparks Hip-Hop

Week 1 - Nicole' Bollywood


Her partner gave the best solo last week and this week I think hers was prolly the best. It was well controlled and displayed a good combination of skills. The backbends are her thing the girl is just extremely flexible and when she uses that to her advantage in her dancing it turns out beautiful dancing.




Jason Glover – Lyrical and Contemporary - 21

Week 2 - Shane Sparks Hip-Hop

Week 1 - Nicole' Bollywood

His solo last week was much much better, this week he too seemed desperate and kinda rushed. It wasn't as clean as last week. That being said I think he is safe competing against Vitolio and Jonathan hands down!!



So I have to mention that the Veronicas were not hella impressive. My daughter likes them since she was singing along, but I was not moved to go download an album or search for a CD at Amazon...ya know??



Anywhoo, judges are back from deliberations and they are unanimous in the girls and NOT unanimous with the guys. Caitlin is given the best solo recognition and told to go sit down and in all the confusion she thought she was still waiting to find out.



So we say goodbye to:



Latin Ballroom dancer


Asuka Kondoh



and



Salsa dancer

Jonathan Platero



That means we have another new couple next week. Karla & Vitolio will now be paired together. They will only have a week of chemistry while the other couples all have 3 weeks on them. I thought the Kayla & Kupono pairing worked out ok. Can't wait to see what next week will bring. We are down to 7 couples, which means only 2 more weeks till we see the Top 10 and who will be going on tour!!!





No comments: