Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol - Top 36 - Group 2

Wellhere we are finally…..Group 2 of the Top 36!!  No one I’m particularly crazy about other than Adam Lambert.  I think he gives a great show whenever he performs!! LOL   There are a lot of folks tonight that I am not at all familiar with!  So I will be listening close!  :)  Here we go:

Jasmine Murray “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles.  I was not overly impressed.  She has the looks of a star, but not sure of her voice still and that performance didn’t help me decide anything at all!  She is a possibility for the Wild Card round, but I don’t see her being the top girl of the night.  Still too early to tell since she was first!

Matt Giraud – “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay.  Looks like we are going to have the same issue tonight with song choice as we’ve been having for a while!  I really liked him during Hollywood week, but that performance was not that good.  Based on judge’s comments they obviously like him so we will most likely see him in Wild Card round, not top guy tonight at all!

Jeanine Vailes – “This Love” by Maroon 5.  Boy, was that EVER the wrong song to come and try to impress us with.  This is really the first time I’ve seen her and I must say, not impressed at all!!  Not sure Maroon 5 was the way to go for her voice.  The judges attempt to take the focus off the bad singing by talking about how great her legs look.  HA!  Just tell her she will NOT be top girl NOR is she coming back for the Wild Card round!! 

Nick Mitchellok..no such luck…Norman Gentle is who we end up seeing. “And I Am Telling You, I’m Not Going” by Jennifer Holliday.  Is he trying to make a joke out of the show?  Go to Vegas Nick, you can make really good money there and entertain a TON of different people all the dang time!!!  JUST GO!!!   Now I do give him credit for doing HIS thing, but this show is NOT the place for this.  It really just isn’t!  I PRAY he is no where near the top 3 of the night and I really don’t want to see him in Wild Card round either!  He can’t be Nick, so move on!  I agree with Simon on this one!!

Allison Iraheta – “Alone” by Heart. Best performance so far!!! That was an awesome performance of that song!  She hit the notes, she was on key and she ROCKED it!!!  I wasn’t sure about her, but she sure showed me!!!  Her interview was kinda dingy, but she is 16 so maybe that’s normal “teenage” these days, ya know?? She said she was just going to have fun and she sure did that!!   Hands down the best performance tonight, I think this is our top girl from tonight!  Simon said what hubby and I said: The competition has just started.  This was one of the 4 people I voted  for tonight!

Kris Allen – “Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson – Blah!  He sounded better in the little guitar clip they showed, but that performance was not good to me.  The song was too big for him, maybe.  Not sure if that’s what I didn’t like or if it’s just him.  Not seeing him in the top 3 or in the Wild Card round.

Megan Corkrey – “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae who is one of my favorite artists!!  I was really looking forward to hearing this because I think Corinne and Megan have the exact same texture voice and she had the potential to really rock it!  I liked it.  It could have been MUCH better, but I still liked what she did do with it.  There were a few pitch issues and the little weird dance has to go too…not liking that…again with these turret movements, what is the deal???  I don’t think she out sang Allison, but she was definitely a close 2nd.  Good job.  This was the 2nd of my 4 people I voted for.  I can see her making the Wild Card round if she isn't one of the top 3 of the night.

Matt Breitzke – “If You Could Only See” by Tonic – Not sure why he would pick a song he likes rather than a song that SHOWS off your vocals!!!  DOH!  I get so tired of the judges telling them this crud!  He picked the wrong song and prolly did himself in at this point in the game.  I agree with with the judges, I did find the performance kinda boring, but I still think he has a good voice, just not sure he did well enough to move to Top 12.  Maybe the Wild Card round, but that’s a strong maybe!!

Jesse Langseth – “Bette Davis Eyes” by Kim Carnes.  I really didn’t think she should have gotten Top 36 over the girl she had the sing off with…her name escapes me right now and I don’t feel like looking it up so :P.  Anywho, I still was not impressed with her.  It was just OK.  Not sure if it was good enough to be brought back for the Wild Card round, but I guess if the judges like her one of them may bring her back.

Kai Kalama – “What Becomes of the Broken hearted” by Jimmy Ruffin.  WHY???  Horrible song choice and I really liked him!!  He looked like he was in major pain the entire time he was singing, maybe he was feeling our pain through the TV.  I think that performance just flushed him down the toilet!  No chance on Wild Card either!

Mishavonna Henson – “Drops of Jupiter” by Train.  No idea what this song is suppose to sound like.  I liked her overall performance though.  She has a nice voice and she is a beautiful girl with a very unique name!  Easy to remember her and she did well enough to get a spot in Wild Card round in my opinion OR she could be our number 3 of the night.  It now comes down to between her and Megan for that spot to me.  This was the 3rd of my 4 people.

Adam Lambert – “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones.  No question, he has the top guy spot!  He should already be recording albums!  All I can say is Top 12 is going to be interesting once they have to stick to specific genres!!!  Amazing singers are making to the Top 12!  Of course he was  my 4th vote of the night.

All I can say after this show is yes; there are a lot of flops, but think about the FEW that are awesome!!  The Top 5 is going to be an intense competition in my opinion!!  This may be one of the best years, competition wise!  Lots more players involved!

Anyway, my Top 3 picks for tonight are:

Adam Lambert

Allison Iraheta

And the 3rd spot I’m kinda torn.  I’m picking either Megan Corkrey or Mishovanna Henson! 


My picks for the Wild Card round from this group are:

Which ever one doesn’t make it from above list (either Megan or Mish)

Both Matt’s or Jasmine.


No comments: