Friday, March 6, 2009

American Idol - Top 36 - Wild Card Round

Well, this is how EVERY other show from this point on should be run….perform, judge, and move on….that was great!!!!

Jesse Langseth – She decided on “Tell Me Something Good” by Rufus.  She proved why I didn’t agree with bringing her back.  Yeah, she has a unique sound, but she’s not good enough.  She’s a bar band singer, that’s about it.  The judges say the same thing, it was just OK.  I will say it was better than last time, but NO.

Matt Giraud – I like him, but he’s not singing what I think he is picking the right songs.  This time he picks Jackson 5’s "Who's Loving You".  He does sound good, but still not hitting home for me.  His “soul” seems kinda forced, not natural, almost like he’s trying to hard. I liked the hat, but ditch the scarf.   I think this performance may have earned him a Top 12 spot though.

Megan Corkrey – She’s been one of my favorites since her audition, but the last couple weeks have been rough for her.  She added the weird quirky dance, which Simon seems to like about her.  She sings "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree."  I thought she did pretty good.  I still don’t like that dance and her pitch goes off, but it’s almost like that’s what you expect from her tone, not sure…maybe it’s just her I like.  Judges seem to be feeling the same way, not great vocals, but they like her.  She’s different.  I say based on the judges comments, she’s probably our Top 12 girl spot.

Von Smith – I’m surprised by his vocals actually.  I’m not hearing him scream anymore.  He does have a big voice and gets really close to loosing the control, but that performance was boring.  He sang "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word."  He can sing, but I don’t really like him for Idol.  He needs to be on Broadway.

Jasmine Murray – I was in the kitchen making coffee while she was singing, but she sounded a TON better than she did the first time.  She sang "Reflection" by Christina Aguilera and I was surprised.  I didn’t think she would pull it off as well as she did.  She may have just taken the 3rd spot in our Top 12.  I really hope not, just cuz I like Anoop a lot, but we’ll see.

Ricky Braddy – He decides to take on Stevie Wonder’s "Superstition."  I really didn’t want him to do this.  He didn’t sound train wreckish, but it was no way good enough for Top 12.  I think he’s at the end of the road.

Tatiana Del Toro – OK, again NOT one I would have brought back to the Wild Card round at all.  She proves it by singing "Saving All My Love for You." By Whitney Houston……AGAIN!!!!  Afterwards she tells the judges that she can sing other songs, but not better than that one.  Why mess with a good thing.  Uhmmm, your kidding right????  What a WASTED spot that Ju’Not Joyner could have used to show his stuff again…whether he’d made it or not it would have been more entertaining for this spot!!!!  Besides, she sang the song better the last time she sang it, this one was karaoke and a waste!!!    Then she embarrasses herself even more by trying to say she thinks in Spanish and English and when she thinks in Spanish that’s when her accent comes through….OMG On national TV you are going to pull that?????  I’m done with her…..feel like I’m watching Schizo-Idol.

Anoop Desai – He’s been dubbed Anoop Dogg for a reason…he just has to make it to the Top 12.  I was utterly disappointed when he comes out and sings “My Prerogative” by Bobby Brown.  Although we didn’t get to hear him sing this song it is still a song he has performed before.  Not thrilled, but the judges say they are OK with it because he did it much better.  Then they tell him not the best vocals, but he’s weirdly popular.  Something Simon said caught my attention.  He said they have to “cast” the next stage, not pick the best singers.  That tells me that Anoop may have a shot cuz he is just really popular, the audience was crazy when he performed!!

So now they get to the results almost immediately…WORKS for me…lol

Jasmine Murray – Top 12

Ricky Braddy – NO

Megan Corkrey and Tatiana Del Toro – Paula drags it out so I’m guessing it’s Megan and it is.  Tatiana of course goes to the judges table where Paula advises her she will be an actress too!! LOL

Von Smith - NO

Jesse Langseth – NO  Simon tells her she almost did make it though which I’m not sure if that was a good thing to tell her or not.  Does she kick herself for almost making it or does she say yeah, I was almost there????  Hmmmm…..

Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai – I really think it should be Anoop, but the judges really like Matt as well.  This is the biggest twist the show has ever had in all it’s Seasons…..After telling Matt he has made it to the Top 12, then then tell Anoop that just for him they have decided that it will be a Top 13!!!! 

What????  I’m tooooooooo thrilled…thank you!!! Hehe

Coming up next……my pre-ranking of the Top 12…ooops  Top 13!!!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Top 13 was a big suprise! You do love your Idol, Wow!!
Thank you so much for coming to Kimbo's shower today, I appreciate it.

RAE said...

My hubby is a singer so we've always been into the show....me prolly more than him...LOL He can out sing anyone who's ever been on the show!!! Just too old..hehe