Thursday, July 3, 2008

SYTYCD - Top 14 - Dance Night

This is one fantastic year of dancers….it changes so much from week to week. I can pretty much guess on the Top 4, but with so much difference from week to week I believe I’ll just wait and see!

This week the guest judges are Tabitha and Napolean, which I hate to see cuz that means none of their fantastic routines! But at least someone who can judge hip-hop J The other greatness is that the couples will all dance 2 dances, whoo hoo!! (Boy did this 2 hours FLY by!!!)

Round 1

Jessica (Contemp) & Will (Contemp): Jive – Tony Meredith

Previous weeks: Tango, Hip-Hop, Disco

This week: I didn’t really care for this routine. Jessica still looks shaky to me on heels! Will is just frikin fantastic!! The lift where she went over his shoulders and down his back then came up through his legs, awesome move! But let’s face it the bounce was missing from Jessica and a few other things just made her look awkward.

Comfort (Hip-Hop) & Thayne (Contemp): Broadway – Andy

Comfort Previous weeks: Jive, Krump, African Jazz

Thayne Previous weeks: Cha-Cha, Jazz, Quick Step

This week: There is obvious good chemistry between them. More than I was seeing with her and Chris. I don’t think it was as bad as Nigel tried to make it out to be. It wasn’t great, but it was good. Could have been smoother in places and could have been more into it in places. Could go either way for me. The twist spin was pretty kewl.

Kourtni L. (Contemp) & Matt (Contemp): Hip-Hop – Cicely & D’Lisa

Previous weeks: Jazz, Fox Trot, Contemporary

This week: First off, Cicely and D’Lisa are not the best when it comes to hip-hop choreography, but oh my goodness, that was dance by numbers at it’s WORST! This is the first time we have seen dance by numbers THIS bad this season!! Just horrid performance for me. I didn’t like it at all!! They better come with it on the second dance or they are going home this week!

Chelsie H. (Ballroom) & Mark (Contemp): Jazz – Mandy Moore

Previous weeks: Contemporary, Argentine Tango, Hip-Hop

This week: I truly enjoyed that performance. I think I finally see what people like in this couple! They do have great chemisty and there was great technique. I’m not a huge Mandy fan, so to make me like it, I thought they danced it very well!

Kherington (Contemp Jazz) & Twitch (Hip-Hop): Paso Doble – Tony Meredith

Previous weeks: Broadway, Viennese Waltz, Hip-Hop

This week: Man oh man. I have been trying very hard to be a good girl, but man oh man that chest is so so fine! I didn’t really care for the cape part of the routine, but to see Twitch stomping around and taking command like that was entertaining. Kherington is an awesome dancer in her own right as well! Very pretty girl!! She was commanding and dominated the cape part of the routine.

Katee (Contemp) & Joshua (Hip-Hop): Contemporary – Mia Michaels

Previous weeks: Hip-Hop, Broadway, Samba

This week: That ROCKED!! OMG what power and emotion. Of course they are lucky to work with the amazing Mia, but they have to execute it as well. That they did. Katee is a fantastic dancer. Of course this is her genre, but wow does she command a performance. Very very good!!!Courtney G. (Contemp) & Gev (Hip-Hop on ice): Hip-hop – Cicely & D’Lisa

Previous weeks: Disco, Contemporary, Rumba

This week: That was better than I expected from Courtney. Disappointment from Gev! This was HIS genre he should have out danced Courtney by a mile, but he didn’t. I still didn’t care for the choreography, but Courtney rocked what she was given, no doubt about it!!

For me Katee and Joshua completely won Round 1.

Round 2

Jessica (Contemp) & Will (Contemp): Lyrical Jazz – Mandy Moore

Previous weeks: Tango, Hip-Hop, Disco, Jive

This week: OK…didn’t notice before that Will is kinda sexy!! Too small for me, but still sexy..hehe They made Mary’s hot tamale train with this routine. I have to admit it, when Jessica doesn’t have shoes on, MUCH MUCH better than when she tries to dance in heels! I liked this routine and I think they saved themselves from the bottom 3.

Comfort (Hip-Hop) & Thayne (Contemp): Swing Waltz – Something Edwards (new guy this year)

Comfort Previous weeks: Jive, Krump, African Jazz, Broadway

Thayne Previous weeks: Cha-Cha, Jazz, Quick Step, Broadway

This week: I am NOT a fan of the waltz, I think it’s one of the most boring dances EVER! That being said, they danced it OK for me. Comfort really is a beautiful girl, she is just normally so rough and rugged, but cleans up well. The spins were beautiful, Comfort actually displayed great technique there, but like I said, not my style AT all!!

Kourtni L. (Contemp) & Matt (Contemp): Mambo – Alex D’Silva

Previous weeks: Jazz, Fox Trot, Contemporary, Hip-hop

This week: They tried to save themselves, they really did. It just wasn’t happening. These two are not connecting with each other, the audience, or the judges. I think they will definitely be in the bottom 3. Their solos will prolly NOT save them this week unless they are just off da chain with it!

Chelsie H. (Ballroom) & Mark (Contemp): Fox Trot – New guy again

Previous weeks: Contemporary, Argentine Tango, Hip-Hop, Jazz

This week: OK, again, not my cup of tea as far as dances go, but this was entertaining to me! When this one is done right it is really pretty to watch and this was really pretty to watch! This is Chelsie’s genre and she showed it! This is my number 3 couple of the night!!

Kherington (Contemp Jazz) & Twitch (Hip-Hop): Contemporary – Mia Michaels

Previous weeks: Broadway, Viennese Waltz, Hip-Hop, Paso Doble

This week: OMG!!! That man is so sexy to me!!! Whoo hoo! Ok…fanning myself. That was a HOT HOT number! Kherington is super cute!! (Dominic has good taste ;)) Twitch totally looked broken-hearted and Kherington could be a heartbreaker!! Totally awesome routine (MIA) and they executed it wonderfully!!!! GREAT job!!

Katee (Contemp) & Joshua (Hip-Hop): West Coast Swing – Benji & Lacey Schwimmer

Previous weeks: Hip-Hop, Broadway, Samba, Contemporary

This week: For those that have not been watching previous seasons. Benji was season 2’s winner and his sister Lacey made it to the finals last year, but was beat by Sabra. When Benji dances West Coast Swing he makes you feel like getting up and dancing without a doubt!!! There is the energetic bounce that he has continuously through the routine that was missing from this routine. They danced it well, but it didn’t "feel" like West coast swing to me.

Courtney G. (Contemp) & Gev (Hip-Hop on ice): Broadway – Andy

Previous weeks: Disco, Contemporary, Rumba, Hip-hop

This week: That was entertaining. They looked so cute! Could have been slightly better in some areas but for the most part … great job!!!

Round 2 goes to Kherington and Twitch!!

It was just way too hard to pick the best and WAY Too hard to pick the bottom 3, because at this point … good routines will end up in the Bottom 3. I voted for the 2 couples that I thought won each round. I didn't see the point in voting for everyone EXCEPT Kourtni and Matt!

The dances I LIKED, their reviews are PURPLE

My prediction for going home is in RED

Chelsea T. (Contemporary) : Cha-Cha, Jazz, Quick Step & Chris (Contemporary): Jive, Krump, African Jazz

Susie (Latin Ballroom) & Marquis (Contemporary): Smooth Waltz, Salsa

Rayven (Ballerina) & Jaime (Swing): Hip Hop

No comments: