Saturday, June 28, 2008

SYTYCD - Top 16 - Dance Night

I was too excited waiting on tonight!!! I can’t wait to see who steps up their game, who will just slide by and who will flop! Although I must say, with this group this year….not many flops happening like last year!! Cat is SOOOO skinny!! Maybe it’s just cuz she’s so tall, who knows, but she appears to go on forever!! LOL

Adam Shankman is the guest judge. He’s the guy who did the recent production of Hairspray. I don’t really care for him one way or the other. He’s just really really long winded!!!

Kherington (Contemp Jazz) & Twitch (Hip-Hop): Hip-Hop – Tabitha & Napolean

Previous weeks: Broadway, Viennese Waltz

This week: OK…How lucky is it that they pulled Hip-hop and they are going first!! I figured Twitch would have no issues. I was concerned for Kherington and if she would step up her game enough. She completely did and I was completely entertained! She was hitting the hard parts when necessary as well as being fluid when need be! It was great timing and great facial expressions, the whole works. Her matching glassless glasses were adorable!!

Courtney G. (Contemp) & Gev (Hip-Hop on ice): Rumba – Tony Meredith & Melanie

Previous weeks: Disco, Contemporary

This week: I think this is my first time voting for this couple! I really liked the way they danced this. Courtney was totally into the routine from her facial expression! They were sexy and entertaining and appeared to be just easing through the whole routine. Of course I’m sure Courtney being half dressed didn’t hurt anything either! That was one hot dress!! Gev fell a little short on technique, but come on .. the guy is a hip-hop dancer! That was great!!

Comfort (Hip-Hop) & Chris (Contemp): African Jazz – Tyce D’Orio

Previous weeks: Jive, Krump

This week: First off, Chris that is NASTY eating other people’s food like that!! OK!? Stop IT! This was NOTHING like I was expecting. I wanted to see something along the lines of what Benji’s cousin did in Season 2 with her partner. THAT, I have NO idea what that was! Just two people running around the stage, trying to follow the same steps. I just wasn’t feeling it from either one of them! Depending on who else ends up B3 and how well the solos go, this may be it for them.

Commercial break: Dude, if Sarah is alive on Prison Break that is going to be one weird twist, OK!?

Kitchen Nightmares looks as though it will make me sick to my stomach!

Fringe looks like it may need to be added to my list of new fall shows ;)

Jessica (Contemp) & Will (Contemp): Disco – Doriana Sanchez

Previous weeks: Tango, Hip-Hop

This week: At this point Will is simply amazing. The boy can dance anything. It’s really going to come down to personality in his case if he can win or not. As far as Jessica is concerned, this whole thing is one big joke for her. She had an opportunity to show her azz and she flopped! She’s done better than past weeks, she can at least stand on the heels now. The fact that Will can still shine with such a mediocre partner shows just how amazing he is! So with that said, I think they need to be B3 just so we can get rid of Jessica. This couple needs to be split up!

Kourtni L. (Contemp) & Matt (Contemp): Contemporary – Sonia

Previous weeks: Jazz, Fox Trot

This week: That was the Kourtni I have been waiting to see! Matt is really stiff in the upper body when he’s dancing, but that could also have been character. They were supposed to be comic book characters. They danced it well and they were finally very entertaining. They didn’t look all uncomfortable or out of place at all this week! Good Job! Doesn’t hurt when you pick your genre either!!

Chelsea T. (Contemp) & Thayne (Contemp): QuickStep – Heather Smith

Previous weeks: Cha-Cha, Jazz

This week: It was just OK for me. They seemed to be dragging the entire time. They then appeared robotic at times, even the Charleston move was so stiff looking. I did not find this routine or the performance entertaining at all!

Chelsie H. (Ballroom) & Mark (Contemp): Hip-Hop – Tabitha & Napolean

Previous weeks: Contemporary, Argentine Tango

This week: I may take some flack for this, but as soon as Chelsie did her first pop-lock move I DIED laughing!!! She look like she was hurting or something! It was not cute to me! The overall routine was really better than I expected. I’m loving Tabitha and Napolean’s choreography, but I could not get past Chelsie. I’m sorry! I thought Mark totally pulled it off and he looked great. Chelsie at times came off as dance by numbers to me. Adam, sorry dude, but although they were not the worse and prolly won’t be in B3 with so many dancers still left, I do NOT think they are the couple to beat!!! I couldn’t bring myself to vote for them.

Katee (Contemp) & Joshua (Hip-Hop): Samba – Tony Meredith & Melanie

Previous weeks: Hip-Hop, Broadway

This week: Man, I really like this couple! It was pretty good! She didn’t get the walk down as well as Courtney, but at least they found the other half of Courtney’s dress on her!! (I swear I typed it before Nigel said it!!! LOL) Josh has got some toosh there in those pants, huh?? He even had the latin walk down and he looks so manly when he’s dancing! He was really nervous when they picked it, but the boy has strutted his stuff!!! THIS is the couple to beat!!!

The people I voted for, their reviews are purple :)

My bottom 3 predictions are in red :)

Jordin Sparks will be a guest on tonight’s finale. I hope she sings something OTHER than "No Air"!!!

Susie (Latin Ballroom) & Marquis (Contemp): Smooth Waltz, Salsa

Rayven (Ballerina) & Jaime (Swing): Hip Hop

No comments: